Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Getting Started

A few weeks ago, I read an article in People magazine about a lady in Georgia named Toni who donates free birthday cakes to kids who might not otherwise get a birthday cake. I was astounded and moved by this simple act of kindness. Immediately, I wanted to get involved!! I have been making cakes for my family and friends for a number of years, and I really LOVE it! I looked up the website mentioned in the article, then emailed Toni to see how I could help. She responded right away, and I have decided to start a chapter of her wonderful charity in my own town of Albany, OR. I am working on a website, flyer's and business cards. I am really excited to get started, and I hope I have an overwhelming response!! If you would like to check out Toni's website, it's the first link listed!

No comments: