Monday, September 15, 2008

Just call me Snoopy

So, I have decided that I am a "BIG IDEA" person, and not a "DETAILS" person :)

I am so super excited to get moving on this project. My first stop after work today was to my local cake decorating shop. My plan was to drop in and let them know about my venture, in case any of their regular customers ever had equipment they might not be using anymore, they could give them my card, etc. They told me that in the State of Oregon, I had to have a licensed kitchen in order to make cakes from my home. Surely Not! I guess I thought since they would be free, I wouldn't have to worry about "rules". So, I called the Department of Agriculture, and they are going to get back to me, since they don't have anything specifically stated in the laws.

Then, it was pointed out to me by my husband, who is wonderful, but totally a details person, that I might have to have a label on my food in case there are allergies and so someone doesn't sue me. I'll need to make another phone call about that!

So now, just in case, I am checking out the way to get your home kitchen licensed, and it really doesn't seem to be all that hard or expensive, which is good! And I also need to check out the labeling rules.

My sister lovingly kids me about being "Pollyanna" and always finding the bright side, no matter how much I may have to stretch to find it, and she is right! I think I am also like one of those Macy's Thanksgiving Day Balloons! They are exciting and bring joy, but have to be tethered down by people without hot air in their brains so they don't float away, or cause some kind of major accident :)

So, on my way to bringing joy, I will follow the designated parade route, that way everyone wins!!

No comments: